Facebook says that an average of 1.2 billion people now use the social networking service daily across the world.
Facebook reported the numbers in its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2017, released Wednesday by the company.
“We had a good start to 2017,” Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO says. “We’re continuing to build tools to support a strong global community.”
As reported by Facebook, key highlights of the Q1 2017 operational and other financial highlights for include the following:
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.28 billion on average for March 2017, an increase of 18% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.94 billion as of March 31, 2017, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 85% of advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2017, up from approximately 82% of advertising revenue in the first quarter of 2016.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the first quarter of 2017 were $1.27 billion.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $32.31 billion at the end of the first quarter of 2017.
- Headcount – Headcount was 18,770 as of March 31, 2017, an increase of 38% year-over-year.