WordPress Developer Vacancy
Do you consider yourself a tech-savvy self-starter capable of working with little or no supervision? Do you like to take on new challenges? Do you dream in PHP? Can’t you rest as long as your website is bug free? Are you able to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline driven environment?
Then we have this WordPress Developer job (full-time) for you!
We are aggressively expanding our online services and platforms and are therefore looking for a WordPress Developer for our Lagos office.
The successful candidate will be proud of their code capabilities and is capable of owning a project through all stages from concept to go-live. You will be comfortable with process and detail and agile enough to think on your feet or out of the box when needed. You will be comfortable taking briefs and directions from our Editorial and Content teams to showcase your strength and WordPress savvy when answering these requests with your development skills
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards and editing submissions from various teams as needed
- Perform continual maintenance checks to ensure optimal site performance, including links, database, and other key functions
- Use analytics and testing best practices to modify and optimise the site to continuously improve site conversion and lead generation
- Perform browser compatibility assessments and testing
- Provide quality control for any third-party content and plugins
- Ensures all tracking (Google Analytics, Marketo, etc.) is in place for tracking marketing campaigns
- Manage web project requests, including creating project plans, communicating plans to Cross Functional Teams, running project meetings, bringing together internal and external resources, testing and quality assurance for new pages/features, and managing to project milestones
- Work with Digital Marketing to gather web metrics and report on traffic trends
- Continuously find, follow, recommend, and implement WordPress best-practices that improve site performance, engagement, and conversion
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies on web site usage, security, and standards
- University degree or diploma in marketing, business or computer programming or allied disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a web/WordPress development role
- Solid understanding of WordPress standards and responsive mobile development
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to develop good relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including documentation
- Solid business acumen, management, and marketing skills
- Understanding of the basic functions of DNS and CDNs
- Strong desire to advance your knowledge (reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and conferences)
Founded in 2004, Technology Times has a rich tradition as the trusted provider of news, information and business platforms in the Nigerian technology sector for millions across Nigeria, Africa and beyond.
Technology Times continues to lead the charge in showcasing the growing contributions of the dynamic and innovative technology sector in Nigeria to the global information and communication technology (ICT) industry.
How to Apply
If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic, international company that is growing rapidly, we look forward to your application letter and resume, not later than March 31, 2017, sent via email to email@example.com and addressed to:
The Head of Corporate Services, Technology Times Media Limited