Cyber criminals are always on the prowl looking for careless moments by mobile devices users.
They are on the lookout for every available means to infest mobile devices with viruses and malicious Ttrojans designed to disable or capture personal identity data. They take advantage of unsecure wireless networks and third-party applications to acquire personal information.
These five tips can help keep your mobile devices safe from attack:
- Do not allow unauthorised access to your mobile devices. Ensure you do not leave our devices in the hands of unauthorised users.
- Ensure that your anti-virus software is always up-to-date.
- Be careful when downloading or clicking on unknown links. It is better not to click or download files from unknown links. If the link comes in an email, delete immediately.
- Change default passwords to the ones that cannot be easily guessed and do not reveal passwords or PIN to anyone. Keep them secret.
- Avoid the use of unsecured wireless networks.