Card security is often a key concern to users of debit and credit cards in Nigeria as lack of it can result in the loss of hard-earned money.
Zenith Bank, one of the leading banks in Nigeria advises the underlisted card security tips to make sure you are safe while using debit and credit cards:
- Sign the signature stripe on the back of your credit card as soon as you receive it.
- Never let anyone else use your card.
- Keep your card in a safe place.
- Don’t let your card bend or get scratched.
- Keep your card away from magnetized objects and phones.
- Get your card back anytime you use it.
- Keep your card transaction(s) and ATM receipts to check against your statement.
- Read correspondences from your bank before discarding as they may contain important card
account information and not just marketing material.